Nature as a fantastic classroom in Sweden
Develop your skills to teach curriculum content in the outdoors – in the school yard, park or in the more wild venue
15.5. – 20.5.2022
14.8. – 19.8.2022
14.5. – 19.5.2023
13.8. – 18.8.2023
THE COURSE OFFERS YOU TO
- learn how to work with the outdoor environment as a classroom and teaching media and how to work with experience-based learning and sensory awareness as a support for learning in school
- develop personal and social skills through outdoor activities and lessons
- understand the health benefit gained by taking learning into the outdoors.
- gain knowledge about the theoretical basis of outdoor educational pedagogy, research and literature
- learn about outdoor pedagogy in a cross-cultural perspective and share experience and knowledge with others
- develop a personal activity plan – how to put new knowledge into action back home and how to support the school development in the field of outdoor learning
- Teachers of pre-primary schools, primary and secondary schools and vocational schools
- Adult education teachers
- Teachers of special needs
- Teacher trainers
HOW DO WE WORK?
The main methods will be through practical training, cooperative work, various activities and discussions. The content is thematic and interdisciplinary and based on ”learning by doing” combined with “reflection upon action”.
Through experiencing by heart, hand and head meet the three key parts of Outdoor Education (personal and social development, outdoor activities and environmental education).
Positive atmosphere, exchange and fun is a part of the process during the week. The course will take place mainly outdoors close to nature, in the rural as well as the urban landscape, visit the local schools.
Every day we reflect up on what have we done, what was the purpose and how can we use this back home/professionally, how can we adopt it to our professional life, schools – and learning conditions in Europe
(Sunday afternoon – Friday afternoon)
CERTIFICATE OF ATTENDANCE
Each participant obtains The Certificate of Attendance and confirmation to Europass.
The course is residential, accommodation and food will be arranged by an organizer.
The course is held in Brokind close to Linköping in Sweden. We stay near Linkoping
in a beautiful natural setting in the typical landscape among lakes.
PRICE ( Valid for courses from 1.7.2022)
650 € (EUR) course fee/participant equals 740 $ (USD)
745 € (EUR) subsistance cost/participant equals 850 $ (USD)
IN TOTAL 1395 € (EUR) equals 1595 $ (USD)
- programme (40 hours), materials and equipment
- field trips, excursions, school visits
- all meals including coffee breaks
- accommodation (5 nights)
- local travel
- organizational support before, during and after the course
- administration and certificates
HOW TO COVER THE PRICE FROM YOUR ERASMUS PROJECT
We will charge you 650 € for the course fee. This fee consists from two parts:
- Course fee – 480 € / 6 days course which will be fully covered from your project (You obtain 80 €/ day)
- Additionl costs 170 € / participant – The price is higher due to high-quality and intensity of the course program. You obtain 100€ / participant for organizational costs; the rest of the amount could be covered from other budget categories and savings or with participant contribution.
We will charge you 745 € for subsistence cost, which could be covered from project budget – subsistence costs. Amount you obtain differ in different countries.